Dear Parents and Gymnasts of NW Ohio Gymnastics Academy
NW Ohio Gymnastics Academy will re-open for Team Practices. Every parent/guardian will have to sign a WAIVER before your child can practice. Each gymnast has a time slot(s) for their practice(s) as sent to you earlier. Gymnast’s time slots cannot be changed unless this has been approved by Bethany. We understand some gymnasts will be on a swing or varied schedule due to circumstances beyond their control. You will NOT be allowed in the gym until your practice time.
Due to the COVID 19 Pandemic NWOGA has implemented the following recommended guidelines:
- If you/or your child are ill (fever- 100.4 or higher, respiratory illness symptoms – persistent cough, trouble breathing or shortness of breath) do NOT come into the gymnastics facility. We reserve the right to send children/gymnasts home if they appear ill in our opinion.
- If you and/or your child have been exposed to COVID 19 or any other communicable disease, do not come into the gym and notify us as soon as possible.
- If you are a parent/ guardian or spectator and are at HIGH RISK, it is recommended you do not enter the gym for your own safety.
- All gymnasts/spectators MUST WASH their hands thoroughly or use hand sanitizer when they arrive.
- Only 1 parent/guardian per gymnast/family is allowed. No children/siblings/relatives or other visitors. We want to LIMIT the number of spectators. At this lime we are NOT eliminating spectators, but this may be an option in the future.
- The Parent spectator is required to wear a mask or facial covering. The gymnasts will NOT be required due to safety reasons. Coaches’ facial coverings will be optional or required if deemed necessary.
- Gymnasts will come dressed to participate with their leotard on under their clothes, their own water bottle, with their name on it. Chairs are placed 6’ apart and gymnasts will place their clothes/supplies on their chair –NO LOCKERS WILL BE USED.
- Gymnasts will be given their own individual chalk bag with their name on it to use for practice. These will be kept at the gym. We will limit/prevent the sharing of equipment as much as possible.
- Social distancing will be observed with smaller groups-time slots with time in between to sanitize gym and prevent overlap of gymnasts and spectators. Limited numbers in bathroom during practice.
- Hand sanitizer stations at each event. Coaches will put sanitizer on your child’s hands and/or ask them to re-wash their hands if needed.
- Instruct/Remind your child on the proper way to cover a cough/sneeze and to NOT touch their face (eyes/nose/mouth) with their hands.
- We have cleaned and sanitized the gym and will continue to do so to the best of our ability and on a regular basis.
We will notify you of changes if/when they occur. We cannot guarantee these steps will prevent someone from getting ill, but hopefully it will reduce the risk. These steps, and possible further steps, are necessary for the safety of everyone. If you have any questions or concerns please put them in signed written form and give to Bev or Celeste. Thank you for your SUPPORT and UNDERSTANDING. TWISTER FAMILY – WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER!